Item Writer – Math (Remote Contractor)
Course Hero is scaling! Are you looking to leverage your subject matter expertise to help students learn? Course Hero is looking for a Math item writer who will author high-quality solutions to questions.. Our ideal candidate will have a strong expertise ranging from college algebra through calculus including mathematics courses like applied calculus. Candidates must be self-starters with a passion for teaching, an outstanding work ethic, and a positive attitude.
Note: This is a month-to-month Monday – Friday remote contract position in the Philippines. Both full and part time hours are available.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Author multiple-choice, short answer, and open response items in accordance to specific quality format and guidelines
- Review and edit items authored by other item writers
- Provide feedback on products that link learning with technology
- Ensure academic integrity by implementing quality assurance measures
Are You Our Contract Math Scholar?
- Post-secondary degree in mathematics
- Currently or formerly a college-level educator a plus
- Strong written communication skills, especially when it comes to writing explanations for how to solve difficult problems
- 1 year+ of experience as a lecturer, teaching assistant, or tutor in mathematics
- Strong understanding and mastery of all introductory and most intermediate fields of mathematics
- Demonstrated ability to explain and communicate difficult concepts to students struggling with the material
- Knowledge of educational best practices and teaching strategies
- Experience with LaTeX, KaTeX, and HTML
- Be tech savvy and comfortable with Chrome and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail) are a must
Salary: ₱75000 - ₱110000