Item Writer – Accounting (Remote Contractor)
Course Hero is scaling! Are you looking to leverage your subject matter expertise to help students learn? Course Hero is looking for an Accounting item writer who will author high-quality solutions to questions. Our ideal candidate will have a strong expertise ranging from managerial and cost accounting to financial accounting. Candidates must be self-starters with a passion for teaching, an outstanding work ethic, and a positive attitude.
Note: This is a month-to-month Monday – Friday remote contract position in the Philippines. Both full and part time hours are available.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Author multiple-choice, short answer, and open response items in accordance to specific quality format and guidelines
- Review and edit items authored by other item writers
- Provide feedback on products that link learning with technology
- Ensure academic integrity by implementing quality assurance measures
Are You Our Contract Accounting Scholar?
- Post-secondary degree in accounting, Masters and/or CPA strongly preferred
- Currently or formerly a college-level educator a plus
- Strong written communication skills, especially when it comes to writing explanations for how to solve difficult problems
- 1 year+ of experience as a lecturer, teaching assistant, or tutor in accounting
- Strong understanding and mastery of all introductory and most intermediate fields of accounting
- Demonstrated ability to explain and communicate difficult concepts to students struggling with the material
- Knowledge of educational best practices and teaching strategies
- Experience with LaTeX, KaTeX, and HTML
- Be tech savvy and comfortable with Chrome and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail) are a must
Salary: ₱75000 - ₱150000