But first, Basis.
Basis is dedicated to replacing everyday humdrum commodities with superior lifestyle solutions. We create and market products that support people in their daily pursuits; be it health, fitness, beauty or lifestyle. Everything in our growing line of must-have brands is conceptualized, designed, developed, branded, and sold in-house by our quality-obsessed team members. We play a hands-on role from spark to supernova because we don’t want anything to get in the way of providing the best customer experience possible.
We are a fully remote company.
This role will be a critical member of the Basis team, focused on working with our 3PL to identify and manage-to-completion optimization opportunities, maintaining our brand standards, and multi-channel forecasting. The Logistics Lead must be comfortable working closely with both 3PL and internal team members, including Marketing, Finance, Brand. This individual will also be expected to contribute from time-to-time to broader projects across the operation. Cross-team coordination, project management, quantitative analytics, process mapping and awareness, and communication skills are absolutely essential.
Who You Are?
You’re a self-starter who is a creative problem solver, thrives under pressure, enjoys fast-paced work and is motivated by success.
You’re as creative and aesthetically minded as you are analytical and data-driven, embracing the idea of authentic, on-brand marketing.
You can come up with original ideas while being able to concisely present the results of daily, weekly and monthly projects to better inform brand, paid, and customer experience teams on what’s working for Basis’s brands.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain inventory levels/safety stock levels across multiple warehouses.
- Execute multichannel forecasting with variable lead times and suppliers with our Amazon and Wholesale Teams across several hundred SKUs.
- Monitor and manage operational and financial metrics to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Partner with the Paid Digital and Conversational Marketing teams to understand their overall (annual, semi-annual, monthly, weekly and often daily) objectives ensuring that all projects effectively support the strategy.
- Work closely with our Brand Team, Financial Team, and 3PL Operations teams to ensure desired inventory flows match company operational and financial objectives.
- Identify opportunities for improvement of existing processes to optimize resources, ensure a positive customer experience, and minimize the amount of time it takes to process orders.
- Liaise with our internal customer service teams to support order edit requests, supply tracking, and make our customer’s experience complete.
- Liaise between our 3PL and suppliers to ensure compliance and communicate delivery times and expectations.
Necessary Skills & Attributes for Success:
- Experience with forecasting inventory in a high growth environment with seasonal and non-seasonal SKUs.
- Preferably a degree in Operational Research, Logistics, or Supply Chain.
- High attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to change / evolve when the situation demands.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
- Project Management is a must. Asana experience preferred.
- Passion for building processes from scratch and refinding existing ones to be more efficient.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical teams across multiple businesses; written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and part of a team, meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see/understand the big picture, develop new ideas and think through creative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with internal and external partners.
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets skills, particularly for financial and forecast modeling are a must.
- Knowledge of programming languages including Microsoft Excel VBA and Python as well as proficiency in SQL and at least one data visualization tool (e.g., Google Data Studios) are a plus.
- Experience using Shopify is a major advantage.