Emerson is a well-managed, financially strong, and highly focused enterprise with a history of delivering shareholder return and 62 consecutive years of increasing dividends. By joining us as a Tax Analyst, you will join a group of high-performing, innovative, and customer-focused finance and accounting team that contributes in supporting strategic business decisions that enable the company to consistently deliver excellent business results to our stakeholders.
In this capacity, you will be given the opportunity to leverage your accounting proficiency and highly developed analytical skills to provide excellent financial service to Emerson. This gives you a very vital role in helping drive growth platforms and supports operational pillars while aiming for long-term value creation.
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you, apply now and join our team in Quezon City, Philippines
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
Provide support as primary tax systems administrator and coordinate all administrator duties for tax applications including:
-OneSource Tax Provision (OTP)
-OneSource Income Tax (OIT)
-Fixed Asset system
-Other tax applications
- Duties include user and unit administration, uploading data, extracting reports, and problem-solving.
- Build various deliverable reports to analyze tax and financial data for decision making using Excel, SmartView, VBA, and Power BI to combine tax and accounting data from tax and financial reporting software (Hyperion and OTP).
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions for continuous improvements within the department so the tax group can operate efficiently and effectively.
- Assist with special projects assigned or requested by POC or tax department that will reduce manual processes and increase automation of reports and processes.
- Prepare documentation of automated processes to ensure longevity and transferability.
- Other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science, prefer Accountancy or information technology-related field
- Three or more years of experience in business analytics and accounting, knowledge of US tax applications is an advantage
- Advanced skill in Office365 applications; especially Excel, Power BI, Power Query, Power Automate, and SharePoint.
- Knowledgeable of Hyperion Financial Management and other tax software or comparable systems a plus
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Results-oriented with a sense of urgency in meeting project goals and deadlines
- Continuous improvement experience or certifications a plus
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Willing to work night shift and follow US holidays