System Engineer (Linux) | BGC, Taguig City
Ubiquity is looking for a Linux Systems Engineer to maintain our infrastructure equipment from design through implementation and support. As a part of a fast-growing BPO company, you will be part of a team of motivated engineering and business professionals around the globe and shape the technological foundation of a multi-national organization. You will leverage your technical skills to strengthen our ability to deploy and maintain high performing and scalable systems. You will have the opportunity to participate in, and eventually own, the configuration management which covers, installation and configuration of operating systems, networked file systems, and system monitoring tools. Given the complexity of our systems and our team’s expansion, there is no limit to your technical growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and monitor complete Systems infrastructure
- Contribute to the evolving design and architecture of reliable and scalable infrastructure.
- Provide sysadmin support to colleagues in Dev and Helpdesk engineering teams on ongoing issues and closely aligned troubleshooting procedures.
- Identify system weaknesses and propose/implement improvements.
- Design and implement automation.
- Available on calls as part of the 24/7 System Engineer team.
- Resolve unexpected issues in real-time.
- Maintaining software applications, operating systems, and regular maintenance.
- Write all related documentation/update data in online tools (Changes, Validation docs, systems proposals/recommendation, etc).
Ideal Candidates must have:
- At least 3-5 years of professional system engineering experience.
- Must have at least 3-5 years Linux and Windows experience
- Thorough understanding of operating systems Windows Linux and OSX.
- Experience in handling docker, RoundCube, ESET, AWS, AWS Workspace, Rocketchat, Ansible, OpenDNS – Cisco Umbrella, Confluence, etc
- Experience in performing maintenance tasks on AWS, MS SQL and Java/Tomcat systems
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008r2 with strong skills in GPOs and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of industry-standard network monitoring tools as Nagios, Icinga, Cacti, Grafana, Influx, logstash, Kibana, etc
- Knowledge of PCI standards and requirements.
- Experience with VMWare VSphere/ESXi.
- Knowledge of scripting languages as Bash, etc.
- Love automation and try to use it as much as possible, preferably with Ansible.
- Experience with layer 3 network knowledge, preferably Vlans and Basic Routing is a huge plus.
- Experience in Network function virtualization.
- Strong problem solving and logic skills required.
- Willing to be flexible working on different shift schedules especially graveyard.
- You have excellent people skills at all levels.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Familiarity with ticketing system, preferably Freshservice.
- Open to working in BGC Taguig
Salary: ₱70000 - ₱75000
Address: Bench Building, 10th Floor, Rizal Drive and 30th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Metro Manila