SOFTWARE LEAD ENGINEER
As a lead backend-centric engineer, you will work cross-functionally with various teams and contribute to the design and development of our services across mobile, web, and the backend.
Duties and responsibilities
- Be a primary point of contact for engineers both locally and globally, supporting and mentoring them for all technical aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Contribute to the design, architecture and implementation of microservices that are robust enough for our exploding scale.
- Drive the implementation of new features – break down complex problems into their bare essentials, translate this complexity into an elegant design, and create high quality, maintainable code.
- Participate in research and development of new and upcoming technologies, frameworks and best practices.
- Lead others towards a quality-first approach to software development through automated testing.
- Collaborate and mentor other engineers while providing thoughtful guidance using code, design, and architecture reviews.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams (design, product, marketing analytics).
- Take ownership of feature releases and production issues across our services infrastructure and multiple levels of our stack.
- Generate ideas and write experiment idea documents for regular presentations to the team during our weekly experiment idea review sessions.
- 5+ years of development experience in a fast-paced environment working on cloud-scale systems.
- 2+ years experience in a technical leadership role.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related technical discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with NodeJS (Typescript) and ExpressJS is essential.
- Experience with AWS cloud services including DynamoDB, API Gateway and Lambda is essential.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure as code such as AWS CloudFormation or CDK is essential.
- Experience with API security such as JWT and OAuth is essential.
- Experience with React Web/Native, iOS/Android is a huge plus.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery tools using Github and CircleCI (or similar).
- Experienced in developing and executing functional and integration tests using Jest or Mocha.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and a bias towards action and results.
- Can start ASAP or in 30 days.
Salary: ₱10000 - ₱15000
Address: Taguig, Philippines