PatchPets is looking for a great developer with several years of experience, at least medium level experience and the opportunity to enhance your skills up to senior level. Opportunity to work on cool real-world projects with senior team members contributing to the development and enhancement of our unique social media platform.
We are experiencing strong growth and have a great development team and work culture. If you enjoy challenging, but rewarding projects and want to be part of a friendly team that works well together, we would like to talk to you about this opportunity.
Head office is based in Brisbane, Australia, working remotely is acceptable for this position.
This position is full-time, we will consider other options depending on suitable candidates availability.
- Development of mobile applications using React Native on new services and updates to existing services;
- Participate in planning documentation, execution, testing and launch of projects;
- Ability to research emerging technologies and utilise this to implement effective solutions;
- Work as part of the development team working on existing and new projects;
- Applies security practices to all aspects of project work;
- Passionate about development as a whole and willing to make use of other solutions and technologies where necessary.
Individuals only, agencies will not be considered.
Skills and Experience
- Shows initiative, solid communication skills, team player and a problem solver;
- Works well in a team environment and unsupervised;
- Strong mobile app development experience;
- Strong React Native skills;
- Experience with deploying and testing mobile applications on Android and iOS;
- Some Android native mobile app experience;
- Some iOS native mobile app experience;
- 3 years minimum experience;
- Business conversational level in English.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Expo framework with React Native;
- GraphQL experience;
- Mobile analytics experience;
- AngularJS experience;
- Strong skills in building native Android native mobile app features;
- Strong skills in building native iOS native mobile app features;
- Experience working with GeoData;
- Experience working with large data sets;
- Good shell scripting skills;
- DevOps experience;
- SQL, NoSQL, and Redis experience;
- Optimisation of code for performance, scalability and low latency;
- Strong experience with Unit Testing, Functional Testing and API’s;
- Infrastructure and Cloud Services such as Google and Amazon.