General Accounting Associate
The General Accounting Associate is mainly responsible for maintaining the financial health of the company by preparing journal entries, reconciling financial accounts, implementing proper controls to safeguard company assets, and ensuring data accuracy.
The duties and responsibilities include general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivables, and inventory management.
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Assist in the preparation of specialized reports such as breakeven analysis, budgets, and the financial statements of the company
- Accounts Payable: Complete payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Process transactions and perform accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries and reconciling books of accounts
- Collect and analyze data on operational costs and make recommendations on the company’s processes and policies to help reduce cost and maximize profit
- Accounts Receivable: Monitor trade receivables and analyze reports for discrepancies and deviations to agreements.
You are an ideal candidate if you are:
- Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy
- CPA License is an advantage
- Must be a quick learner with a growth mindset
- Ideally have some experience in an accounting role in a similar industry (trading, manufacturing, etc)
- Entrepreneurial: We are a team that is nimble and quick to adapt. There will be minimal to no hand-holding — this environment is perfect for someone who is independent, self-driven and looking for growth opportunities.
- An excellent communicator: We speak quickly and act quickly. This requires concise and efficient communication
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback: We believe in radical candor. Everyone is empowered to speak their mind and constantly share feedback.
- Love adopting new technology and software tools (e.g. Google Docs, Google Sheets, Slack, Asana, Xer, etc): We are always on the lookout for new tools that will make our own work more efficient.
- Data-driven: We love numbers and data. We make decisions based on quantitative figures.
- Customer-centric: We do whatever it takes to satisfy our customers.
Salary: ₱15000 - ₱30000