Database Support Engineer
The ideal candidate will be a DBA with strong Oracle and SQL Server experience. The candidate will be part of the Global DBA Team supporting a mixed of, but not limited to, Oracle, SQL Server, Oracle Middleware, Oracle E-Business Suite, MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, Postgres, Cassandra database platforms. The candidate will be a member of the Global Database Administration team providing infrastructure services and operational support across an expanding global company. An ideal candidate would have experience working within a financial institution or similar environment.
- To provide operational support for DB issues initiated from Incidents or Changes.
- To provide solutions and root cause analysis of system performance and failure related issues.
- To work on onsite shift rota providing 24×5 global support and participate in on-call rota providing 24×7 support.
- To work on projects and provide close liaison with project teams to ensure the smooth transition of new databases and initiatives into the Production environment.
- To work closely with manager and team members.
- To review & recommend options to improve the effectiveness of the database infrastructure.
- To establish / maintain best practices, processes and procedures to underpin the operations of the business.
- To performance monitoring/Testing and capacity planning.
- Creation / maintenance of full system documentation, including DR documentation.
- Innovation – continually looking at ways to improve infrastructure, for a faster and more efficient environment.
- To provide support on wider IT initiative including business continuity and security.
- Excellent working knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g/12c/18c/19c and SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/2017
- Excellent working knowledge of Oracle and SQL High Availability features
- Excellent working knowledge of Oracle RAC and Database Appliances (ODA)
- Working experience on Oracle Application Server, Oracle Weblogic Server, Fusion Middleware, Oracle E Business Suite, MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, Postgres, Cassandra would be added advantage.
- Experience using a Unix and Windows scripting language to automate tasks
- Experience of performance and tuning optimising Oracle and SQL DB’s
- Solid understanding of hosting databases on SAN. Virtual, Cloud based technology
- Experience of monitoring and alerting tools for DB’s.
- Solid working knowledge in RedHat Linux and Windows Servers
Salary: ₱110000 - ₱140000