• Plans, coordinates and oversees the management of activities of the Conference Services Unit to ensure
efficiency and an appropriate level of customer service for planned conferences and other event management
across UNDRR offices.
• Advises senior management and staff on logistics, financial and other requirements, negotiates the terms of
agreement for meetings/conferences, and responds to conference service related queries from staff, governments
and major stakeholders, and non-UN staff.
Human Resource Management:
• Initiates and coordinates actions covering the entire span of human resource activities, e.g., recruitment,
placement, promotion, performance appraisal, vacancies, job classification reviews, separation of staff members,
training, etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures for the unit.
• Manages, guides, develops and trains staff under his/her supervisions. Provides regular briefings.
• Provides expert advice with respect to conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and
entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations.
• Represents the Department/Unit at Departmental Panels and appointment bodies.
• Reviews post incumbency reports for purposes of vacancy management and staffing table control.
• Leads, oversees and coordinates the preparation and implementation of the work program and budget to ensure
compatibility with work priorities and objectives, taking into account the most effective use of resources.
Budget and Finance:
• Initiates and conducts studies to improve budget reporting systems and cost-effective utilization of program
• Monitors and controls budgetary allocations through regular reviews; drafts routine and ad hoc outputs; and
provides effective monitoring reports and data. Identifies deviations from plans and proposes corrective measures.
• Establishes and maintains a set of sound policies, procedures, standards and tools which are consistent with UN
policy and practice in order to ensure proper resource management and control.
• Implements and monitors support services, including procurement of supplies and services, transport, travel and
traffic, communications, engineering and information technology support and provision of local utilities and
service requirements for UNDRR conferences, and events; coordinates with internal and external partners (ie.
accreditation, registration, security, protocol, interpretation) for a successful delivery of such events.
• Develops and implements policies and best practices regarding conference services to meet UNDRR needs and
ensuring proper planning, servicing, and monitoring of such events and client satisfaction in collaboration with
• Reviews and advises on e requests from UNDRR offices for meetings and manages UNDRR calendar of meetings.
• Supervises a staff team and/or provide advice to others on human resource administration, financial
administration and management information issues and practices to colleagues.
• Produces major/complex reports for management.
• Provides expert guidance and leadership to more junior staff.
• Performs other related duties as required, e.g., reviews of Secretariat offices and departments at
headquarters/missions, operational travel programme, adequacy of departmental space requirements, and
• Performs other related work as required.
Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
Staff within work unit; Human resource, administrative, accounting staff and conference services in
missions/offices and Headquarters. Counterparts in other UN agencies.
-Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
-Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
-Places team agenda before personal agenda-Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision,
even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
-Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
Planning & Organizing:
-Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies-Identifies priority activities and
assignments; adjusts priorities as required-Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for
-Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning-Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as
-Uses time efficiently
-Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments
-Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards
-Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules
-Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments
-Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
-Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’
point of view-Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and
respect-Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions
-Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and
anticipate problems-Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects
-Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, finance,
accounting, law or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of
qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in administration, finance, accounting,
human resources management or related field.
Salary: ₱75000 - ₱130000
Address: 7th Floor Secretariat Building UN ESCAP Complex ,76 Rajadamnern Nok Ave 10200 Bangkok, Thailand
Apply at Bossjob.ph today!