G2 Ocean is a joint venture of two of the world’s leading breakbulk and bulk shipping companies: Gearbulk and Grieg Star. The company was launched in 2017 and now has 12 offices on six continents. Our international presence enables us to serve all our customer’s needs.
We have the largest fleet of open hatch vessels worldwide and a substantial fleet of conventional bulk carriers. In total, we operate 130 vessels and make over 4000 port calls in more than 70 countries each year.
G2 Ocean is the world’s largest carrier of aluminium and wood pulp. The decks of the company’s open hatch ships are perfect for transporting project cargos, for example windmills or yachts. We also have vessels tailor-made for breakbulk cargoes, such as forestry products, steel and granite.
Offering sustainable shipping solutions to clients, communities and the environment is at the core of G2 Ocean’s business. Our services are reliable, efficient, flexible, innovative and of high quality. The passion and expertise of our people, put our customers at ease.
The job holder will be responsible for Liquidity reporting, forecasting, tracking, management, Monitoring and approving of AR / AP / Bank transactions, Monitoring of subsidiary funding and subs and group cash flows, Setup and management of bank accounts, Bank and Credit line management, Cash and working capital reporting, G2 Ocean cash management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Management of several suppliers based overseas. Including reconciliation of supplier accounts on a regular basis to ensure all advances applied, and no credit balances are due to GB Pool.
• Chase up all older items (DA’s to be processed against Advances) on a regular basis (i.e. weekly), with Marine Accountants
• Build payment batches to be passed over for authorisation.
• Reconciliation of supplier statements on a regular basis. Follow up on outstanding items with Marine Accountant.
• Set up Supplier following stated procedure.
• Set up customers following stated procedure.
• Post freights, and match to invoices. Post bank charges within authorisation limits
• Reconcile all suspense accounts relating to AP & AR on a monthly basis. Post adjustments where required.
• Submit Owners costs to 2 offices.
• Reconcile owner’s submission and report outstanding balances.
• Liquidity reporting, forecasting, tracking, management
• Monitoring and approving of AR / AP / Bank transactions
• Monitoring of subsidiary funding and subs and group cash flows
• Setup and management of bank accounts including authorisation limits
• Bank and Credit line management (with Group Treasury)
• Cash and working capital reporting
• Ad hoc project based work when required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
An individual with a good general standard of education, who is bright and perceptive.
Good level of IT skills is required.
Oracle experience for AP & AR is required.
At least 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role. The candidate should be of a mature disposition and have a flexible demeanour. They should have an organised and methodical approach and be able to plan their work to within given timescales and deadlines as well as working as part of the Accounts team.
The accounting experience must include multi currency accounting.
Tasks will require close attention to detail.
The jobholder will require excellent numeric skills.
Good general level of education and competent IT skills.
Salary: ₱30000 - ₱35000
Address: 19F, Times Plaza Bldg., U.N. Ave. cor. Taft, Ermita, Manila
Apply at Bossjob.ph today!