The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the budget planning and supports the executive management team by offering insights and financial advice that will allow the business to make the best business decisions for the company.
The Accounting Manager will also be in-charged in preparation of financial reports and forecasts as well as monitoring of accounts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Collects, interprets, monitors and reviews financial information and budgets
- Predicts future financial trends
- Reports to management and stakeholders, and provides advice on how the company and future business decisions might be impacted
- Produces financial reports related to general ledger, budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
- Develops long-term business plans based on the financial reports
- Develops strategies that will minimise financial risks
- Monitors the day-to-day financial operations within the company (payroll, invoicing, and other transactions)
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and yearly management reporting
- Participates in strategic data analysis, research, and modeling for senior company leadership
- Supports project analysis, validation of plans, and ad-hoc requests
- Manages the company’s financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems
- Ensures compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements
- Prepares monthly manual journal entries, including any necessary accruals
- Exports and produces detailed records from the financial systems for monthly consolidation into parent company books
- Diligently responds to queries in support of Corporate month end close
Ethics & Compliance: In addition to other duties/functions, this position requires full commitment and support for promoting ethical and compliant culture. More specifically, this position requires integrity, honesty, and respectful treatment of others, as well as a willingness to speak up when they see misconduct or have concerns.
- With analytical mind, negotiation skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business awareness as well as good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data and ability to stick to time constraints
- Ability to perform Financial analysis
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of financial reporting and data mining tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferably a Certified Public Account (CPA) with experience in IFRS regulations and five to ten years related experience and/or training required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous cruise line or travel industry experience preferred but not required.
- Fluent in English (written/verbal) additional language(s) are an advantage
- Willing to work in shifting hours (AM shift, Mid Shift)
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc.,)
- Position may require 10% travel to visit fleet as business needs require
Salary: ₱10000 - ₱15000
Address: Taguig, Philippines