|Date Posted:||December 11, 2013|
|Job Title:||Content Editor|
|Work Type:||full time - office based|
|Work Location:||Chatham house condominium, 116 Valero cor. Rufino st., Salcedo Village, Makati City|
|Hiring Company:||Endlessrise Inc.|
As Editor you will edit material in order to add value (analyze and mark up, copy-edit, proof) to articles written and submitted by Article Writers for the various campaigns handled by Endless Rise, Inc. (ERI)
• Distribute writing assignments to Article Writers, ensure timely submission of articles, and accurately track Article Writer submissions; ensure that article submissions are complete and made within set deadlines
• Copy-edit material to ensure it meets corporate standards for accuracy and style. Includes checking spelling, grammar (checking sentence structure (i.e., noun – verb agreement), word usage (i.e., “their” “there” “you’re” “your”), voice consistency (i.e. singular – plural “we – our” “I – my”), clarity and coherence; impose consistent style; research; input changes to electronic files;
• Analyze and mark-up material and prepare for output (tagging or tagging clean-up as required; marking-up pages);
• Proofread material to verify copy-editing and other mark-up has been input correctly (verifying changes made to electronic files and accurate formatting);
• Communicate any manuscript queries to author for reply; provide author time and standards to review proofs; input and edit final corrections;
• Create electronic files for submission; ensuring consistency with corporate standards before jobs are shipped; adhering to style guidelines and ensuring all content matches those guidelines
• Pro-actively assist SEO Article Content Auditor in mentoring and training Article Writers, metrics analysis and database maintenance, including but not limited to:
• providing feedback for, coaching, and training Article Writers on a weekly basis; and providing weekly and monthly evaluations of sub-team members
• Contributing towards performance assessments of Article Writers based on identified parameters/metrics specific to the assignments given to them; performance improvement tracking
• Developing training materials to be used in up-skilling Article Writers
• Develop and recommend processes and systems to improve the overall flow of operations; recommend improvements to copy and editorial materials; adhere to documented processes and best practices
• Write articles for campaigns and special projects, as needed
• At least College Level
• Editorial experience
• University degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Writing, or Literature, or a related field or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of related experience
• 1+ years of related experience working with content intended for a US audience
• Experience working with U.S.- based companies or onsite in the United States is an advantage
• Efficient typing skills
• With an Analytical Mind
• Excellent Communication Skills (oral and written)
• Creative / Can think “out of the box”
• Go-Getter and Proactive
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with managers, colleagues, and authors/Article Writers.
• Ability to work with a Team
• Embraces change and is highly adaptable
• Is comfortable working under the SEO Article Content Auditor and recognizes the importance of constructive criticism
• Must be task-oriented and deadline-driven and have an ability to prioritize and schedule work to meet tight deadlines and strict production goals while managing multiple assignments/projects simultaneously in a high volume work environment.
• An aptitude for problem-solving
• A strong sense of responsibility, ownership and attention to detail in data management
• Strong editorial and proofreading skills – excellent vocabulary, spelling and grammar; knowledge of editorial methodology and corporate standards; knowledge in Associated Press (AP) style and familiarity with other style manuals is an advantage; a keen eye for detail and excellent proof-reading skills.
• Have training and development skills; knowledge of pre- and post-test design; TNA analysis skills are an advantage
• Good computer skills- familiarity with standard PC based business systems including Microsoft Office suite
• Should be familiar with Web 2.0 technologies, and preferably have experience with content management systems in a Windows environment
• Your typing speed should be at least 30 wpm.
• Article Writers are welcome to apply.
• Journalists, Editors, Creative writers, and Bloggers are also welcome to apply.
In order to apply, fill-out the online form at: http://goo.gl/IwHFMG . All applicants must be willing to work in Makati. Full-time. Day shift. In order to apply, fill-out the online form at: http://goo.gl/IwHFMG If you have any questions about the job please contact Michael or Krista at 0917-8745310.
AVOIDING JOB SCAM
Store a list of your favourite job ads from this site into your browser!
You will conveniently find this list again next time you visit PinoyJobs.ph.